Tuesday, September 22, 2009

39 Weeks and Holding Strong!!

So we have made it to 39 weeks - we need to make it through today!
  • Girl Scout Meeting and I am in charge (new girls in troop total 14 kindergarten and 1st graders today - augh!)
  • Pick up Grandma Annie at airport - yeah - we can't wait!
  • Work will be crazy for Morgan today - not enough staff!
  • Not packed for hospital anyways
So we will keep praying for tomorrow or anytime after that!

Are we ready? Well - NO but are you ever ready to add a little boy to two rowdy girls!!
So we are somewhat ready
  • Have a carseat and know how to install it
  • Have a crib and bedding (thanks - Grandma Laura)
  • Painted over the pink in the baby's room - it is blue and green now (thanks Morgan)
  • Have clothes that are not pink (thank you friends and family)
  • Clean house - will continue cleaning today
  • Lots of cute burp cloths! :)
  • Food in the fridge - well at least some food!
  • Laundry almost done (is it ever done!)
So are we ready - sure as ready as we were when we had the girls!

Here is the last pregnancy picture (sorry, not the best shot - timer self taken) and we will keep you posted when he arrives - this boy will not be overdue!

P.S. A note on the short haircut: It has been about two weeks since I got my haircut.

What kind of hairstylist (not a good one) over-trims a pregnant lady's hair and then says "sometimes when you are pregnant your hair looks funny" - I know what she meant but she did cut it crooked and way more than the requested "trim". Oh well!

Manhattan said the other day, "Mom your hair has grown so much you can hardly tell you had a bad haircut", I guess I should keep some comments to myself.



OH - THE BABY'S NAME: NOPE STILL HAVE NOT DECIDED!

5 comments:

Smitty said...

Wish we could be there ... we'll be praying for you.

Love you!

Derrick

Alissa said...

I still like Manti!!! You look great and I think your hair looks great also! I think you only look like your 6 or 7 months prego! His room is cute. I bet it's nice to be ready.

We are going to start moving in about 3 days so I'm not ready for baby at all!

Jen said...

Cute room and cute you. I am checking your blog like a stalker, waiting to see when you've had Baby Boy M. Good luck!

The Houston Family said...

Yippee! It is almost time. Hope you can get some sleep between now and then. Thank goodness for grandmas that come to help! Can't wait to see him.

Julia said...

GOOD LUCK Melissa. I can't wait to see baby Matyx. ;) Thanks for always letting me touch your "baby belly"