Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Pregnancy Notes

Thanks to everyone for the notes of congratulations! We are very excited!

To answer some comments -

No, we don't care if it is a boy or a girl. A boy would be nice for variety but a girl would be easier - we have all the stuff. I am dying to know - no I never wait to find out. I always tell people I am just as surprised on the ultrasound table. Sometimes I think I would like the surprise when he/she is born but I have little self-control (ask my friends Karen, Kristin, and Jessica who had ice cream for dinner with me last night - thanks Kristin!)

The deal was this - it took almost a year to get pregnant with Hattie, 2.5 with Marin (with help!), and so we thought we should get going - and wow! Baby #3 was in a hurry to join us. I have a feeling the Lord knew it was now or never!! I am thankful it will be a fall baby - next summer would have worked too - but I will NOT complain! We are so very thankful!

To all my friends that have said they had "no idea", I "look so great for being almost 20 weeks" - you are the friends I need! I don't need anyone to tell me that they were "wondering when I saw you last week" or "I saw a recent picture and I thought maybe?" Come on girls - I only need the "your face is so thin. your legs are so long, and you look so great I can't believe you are pregnant". Come on my friends, help me out!

I am totally kidding - I think I feel like I am getting bigger and then Hattie asks - "when is your belly going to get bigger" mind you this was a day after I was wearing scrubs and she said "yeah! - You are getting a big belly". She doesn't remember when I was pregnant with Marin like I thought she would - she was surprised to see the pictures and how big my belly would get!
She can be so good and bad for my self-esteem!


We are talking about moving - to the basement to make room for this baby! Actually we are so grateful that babies come small and need only a crib to sleep! I think this little one will be setting up in our bedroom for a while until we can move Marin and Hattie together - may not be until winter but that is fine! So we are staying in our winderful house and being very happy for it!

Roll those M names to me - or you can wait until after we find out if it is a boy or girl! We had a hard time with coming up with Marin so I am thinking this won't be any easier! I am counting on you - Hattie wants to call the baby Mapoopalis (sound it out!) - yeah! Where did she get that one!! She is pretty funny sometimes!

9 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so happy for you Morgan and Melissa :) That is just awesome. I was wondering if you guys were trying or if it just happened. Thanks for answering the much wondered questions. Again, I'm so excited. Can't believe you kept it quiet that long. Um, once our baby boy is born and it's announced, you are free to use his "m" name if you like it. I won't care. But, doubt you'll like it -- plus, it wouldn't be that great of a name if it were a girl....

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

I don't know if I could possibly give you any "M" names you haven't already come up with, but here goes. I was looking at President Monson as he was giving his talk at Stake Conference and thought "How about Monson? I've heard of Bronson and Ronson." Moroni is another fave. For girls McKenna or Molly. I'll keep you updated if I hear any good ones at work :D

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Considering your two comments are from Maria...Maria is always good :P

Anonymous said...

I like Madeline and Maxwell. Love, Mom

Julia said...

Congratulations! Yeah, You are including all of us in this baby! How exciting. ok, here is my first round of baby names...more to come, I'm on a mission...

Memphis
Madison
Macy
Maddox
Marlee
Mia
Maya


MY FAVORITE GIRL NAME---Mabelle and call her Bella
MY FAVORITE BOY NAME---Montgomery

Becca said...

Congratulations Morgan and Melissa!

Hmm… M names, besides the ones already listed

Millie
Monique
Madeline
Miranda
Montez

Marick
Mason
Mack
McKay
Marshall
Mitchell
Monte

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Madeline and Maxwell ARE names of towns.

Love, Mom

Julia said...

McCall for a girl

day dreamer said...

OMG! I am just thrilled for you guys, thats what i get for not keeping up on blogs. Congrats!