Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Gratitude - Car Update

So if you saw the earlier post you would know that our CRV broke and it really broke big! I was just driving down a small sidestreet to get on the highway and heard this horrible sound! I was pretty sure it was bad but . . . . well, it was!

I have to post some things I am so thankful for after our car broke down this morning.

1. It happened a couple blocks BEFORE I got on the highway.
2. I had my cellphone (I have been forgetting it recently)
3. It happened when Morgan was off work to rescue Marin and I.
4. We have towing on our car insurance.
5. The tow truck was pretty prompt (only about 40 minutes!)
6. The Honda dealer where it will be fixed were nice even a little funny about the mess!
7. They have a kids play area and plenty of entertaining rock piles out front.
8. The damage can be fixed at a bargain price of $1, 600 (at least it is fixable!)
9. We don't have to buy a new car!
10. The dealership gave us a free rental car while ours is being fixed.
11. Our car should be done tomorrow night (Morgan is off again tomorrow).
12. Most importantly, no one was hurt and we are home safe and sound!!

Yes, I did have a prayer of thanks and gratitude but I wanted to express here too - our day could have been SO much worse!!
Of course it is not over yet! :)

2 comments:

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

Way to count your blessings! That's the way to make your stumbling block and stepping stone :D

Alissa said...

holy cow! what did they say happened?