Many of you wanted to know what actually happened with our car. I was driving down the road and it just broke. It literally just snapped and I heard a loud screeching sound as metal was dragged along the ground - it was worse than nails on the chalkboard! The dealership said that the ball joint broke amongst other things but what happened first I am not sure. It looked bad and we were worried that the car would not be fixable!So here is another expression of gratitude - we got a call from the car dealership about 1:30 pm today and our car is done. It took them just over 5 hours since the parts were delivered this morning! Thank you to Brown Honda!!
The verdict was: a broken lower ball joint, broken brake line, the axle was separated, rim was gauged (may not replace that :) amongst other things for a bargain price of $1600 or around that. We will see the final cost when Morgan gets home!
Morgan is home: So the final cost for restoring our beloved CRV - $1070.
Here is a close up of the damage as well!! I am grateful that Morgan had blog on the brain and he took pictures - what a great husband - he knew I would want to blog all this fun!
P.S. I am feeling the baby move now more - I forgot what an unforgettable but weird feeling that is!
1 comment:
Yikes! I'm so glad nobody was hurt. Aren't car problems the worst? Inconvenient, scary AND expensive. Ugh. Glad you can cope w/a sense of humor.
And congrats on feeling the baby move. I have to admit I miss those days. It all goes by too fast, so enjoy! (Yeah, I know...that's the last thing a pregnant woman wants to hear. :)
Post a Comment