Gust Brothers Farm Ottawa Lake, Michigan
You would think that we would be bored by our 3rd visit to this farm but nope - Maxwell was so excited all morning about our visit! We made a stop to the Disney Store to pick up his R2D2 sweatshirt for his halloween costume - I think his costume is ready!
He is so excited about his new sweatshirt!
Maxwell and I got to go to Gust Brothers Farm today for his preschool field trip! We had a great time feeding the cows & pigs & sheep, petting the bunnies, learning about the bees, taking a hayride, and picking a pumpkin from the field! His favorite parts was the hayride and choosing our pumpkins in the huge pumpkin field. The only rule was that we had to be able to carry our pumpkin - Maxwell did a great job searching and searching for a pumpkin that he could carry ALL the way back to the car! He was pretty tired but he was so excited - he even buckled his pumpkin into the car with a seatbelt and instructed me to drive really slowly home!
On our way home from the farm, I said to Maxwell today in the car "thank you for letting me come on your field trip today!" His response was "I didn't have a choice, my teacher said I had to come with my grown-up" :( Well, thanks anyway- glad I was available! While we were wandering around the farm, I remembered how grateful that I am a stay at home mom who can go on field trips with my little man. It was a perfect day!
So thankful for my job right now - some days I don't love it and other days, like today, I remember that it is a perfect gift that I have been blessed with! I am so thankful to my wonderful husband that works hard so I can be home with our children.

No comments:
Post a Comment