We were so exited for our big summer road trip! I think we packed amazingly well, bought lunch & snack food, booked all the hotel rooms, lined up lots of friends and family to see and we were finally off!
July 10, 2013
We woke up early about 5 am and headed out! I was up at 330 am but I felt guilty waking everyone else up! The kids got up really well at 4:30 and were really excited to get going. I had hoped that they would go back to sleep but they were too up! We started with a yummy car breakfast and opening a small present in the car - today it was sticker books (I love these things). Huge excitement for a small thing but it really made every morning a little fun!
We hightailed it past Chicago (without too many potty stops or too much traffic) and made it to the border of Wisconsin for lunch! I loved this sign at the border rest stop.
Our goal the first day was to make it to Minneapolis and we did it! We surprised Marin by heading right to the Mall of America. She has been saving up for an American Girl Doll! We told her if she save half we would buy the rest for her birthday! Happy Early Birthday Miss Marin!
She was so excited to go - Manhattan even brought her Elizabeth doll - they had so much fun! We knew which doll she wanted but we made her wander and look at all the dolls just in case! Nope - it was Saige!! Hattie had also brought money to buy a dress for Marin for her birthday! It is as cutsy as they say but it was fun!
After the AG store we headed back to our hotel for swimming, bathtime, and bedtime - finally! We all fell asleep fast! Tomorrow we are heading back to Mall of America - more fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment