July 11, 2013
We spent the day enjoying Minneapolis and ALL day I wish that we had brought our bikes! Minneapolis has some fabulous parks and bike trails to enjoy! I really want to go back with our bikes and really check it out!
We started our morning at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden - it really is as cool as it looks in pictures! We loved wandering around and enjoying the art - the kids liked some and thought some were really weird - loved their responses to the art!
Then we headed back to the Mall of America to ride some rides! We all loved the log ride - it was perfect for all of us to enjoy! We tried to ride the rollercoaster but Maxwell was just a smidge too small. Marin went on it with Morgan and Manhattan and she HATED it! We felt so bad that she didn't enjoy it - we are hoping that she will try again!!
Our attention span for the mall was pretty short - it was just a little much!! We did enjoy a yummy lunch at Rainforest Cafe with the yummy brownie tower - complete with a sparkler on top! I thought I got a picture of it but I am afraid we dug into it to quickly! Happy Birthday to me - just a little late!!
This is where I really needed my bike - we even stopped at a bike shop to rent some and they had NOTHING! Actually they just didn't have two tag-a-longs for us! We decided we would attempt to bike with a surrey - holy cow! It was tough but so much fun - we worked hard and laughed so hard as we tried to navigate the hills of the park around Minnehaha Falls! It was really a beautiful and relaxing day. I really want to come back to Minneapolis for a vacation - I really like it here!



No comments:
Post a Comment