Saturday, July 06, 2013

Brave Little Marin

July 1, 2013
Just had to share our adventure with you all!

We had an eventful day with our Marin!  While we were hanging out at our friend's (Jessica's) house - all the kids dressing up as Batman and running crazy with her four boys when Maxwell smashed Marin's finger in the door.  I heard the most painful screaming.  Jessica ran up and Marin came down the stairs - her hands covered in blood.  We quickly wash her hands and realized she needed to go to the hospital.  Batman costume and all I hauled her to the car - thankful that Jessica kept Manhattan and Maxwell.  I call Morgan and thankfully he had just finished taking his board exam and he met us at the hospital.  At first I thought she had just sliced her finger but when I really looked at it when we got to the hospital I realized she had left some of her finger tissue at our friend's house - it was pretty gross.  The kids found the skin at the house and they saved it - I later brought it home for Morgan - only he would want to see!
The first shot is Marin trying to look brave in her Batman suit.  She did not want to see her hand so it is covered in the towel.  I think she was curious after so many people came in and looked at it.  She finally saw it during the x-rays when it started bleeding again and she seemed a little green.  I thought she was going to faint.  She really was tough - it was heartbreaking!

After some x-rays (if you look at her ring finger on the top you can see the piece missing - it runs from the top to her top knuckle)and some tears - Morgan and the ER doc decided there was really nothing to do - there was no skin to sew (it was gone).  They bandaged her finger up and said it would heal (I think she will have a dip since it is a pretty good gash missing) but they all seemed not worried.  Of course we were treated very well and I am so grateful Morgan was with us.
The last picture is her at home all bandaged up!  She is a trooper but it was scary for everyone!  She is fine - I was pretty impressed by how well she bounced back after the ER visit!

The worst part was the changing of the bandages for the first few days - it was so painful that she weep everytime!
 
We were amazed at how bad it looked then - it is totally healed now!!


No comments: