Last spring I took my Girl Scout trip to Build-A-Bear and racked up a super amount of points on my "Bear Card". I thought it would be fun to use those points and take Maxwell get his first Build-A-Bear. Now, let me tell you I am not a fan of stuffed animals but I had these points that I could not let go to waste - so we were off!
Maxwell and I took the morning and visited the mall. He was so excited and chose a leopard. They did not have a sound for that so he picked the lion roar. He loved the stuffing process - pushing the foot level and a steady rhythm - kind of funny the beat this kid has!
His favorite stop was the "bath" for his leopard! Then it was off to dress his leopard and give him a name. He was immediately in love with some fancy shoes but finding a shirt & pants was a lot bigger challenge! Finally we found something that would work!
Naming the leopard was also tricking - he started with wanting to name it "polar bear", "lion", and then we moved to names "Maxwell" and all of a sudden it hit him "Daniel the Tiger" like the new pbs cartoon (if you have not watched it - it is a modern kickoff of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and my kids LOVE it!).
He is so happy with his new friend - he could not wait to show the girls! It was pretty fun - sometimes I am really enjoying having just Maxwell home!

No comments:
Post a Comment