Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Too much fun - too many pictures!

It was so great to have Aaron join us - he had a few days off so we got to have time with him between his flight training.  We all got up and going and headed out for some adventuring.

Carolyn found this fabulous breakfast spot close to Dayton - it was amazing!  It is called the Historic Clifton Mill and the restaurant is the Millrace Restaurant.  The pancakes were huge and we stuffed ourselves full.  The view from our dining spot was terrific.  While we waited for our food we headed outside to sit by the water & mill wheel - it was perfect for distracting the kids while we waited!
After breakfast we headed to Cincinnati to do some fun sightseeing.  Our first stop was the Cincinnati Union Terminal.  The kids loved the museum - they cruised through the museum so we could hit the IMAX movie Tornado Alley.  It was a little scary for Marin - she closed her eyes through most of it.  Maxwell watched for a bit and then knocked out - pretty fun!  I thought it was terrific!
By the time we finished up at the museum we were all exhausted and hungry. We did a map search for RED ROBIN for some major dinner.  Unfortunately we had to stop at the ghetto gas station first and then travel across state lines to Kentucky for yummy dinner.  We were all super hungry and worn out!  After a big dinner we decided to walk it off across the "Purple People Bridge".  It bridges Kentucky and Ohio - so cool and the kids loved it!
Got some fun pictures of all of us.  We are quite the sight - 7 kids and 4 adults!  Pretty crazy kids too!

We wandered upon this completely deserted splash pad - it was getting dark and a little bit cool but all the kids had a great time!  They got completely soaked and it was a good time.  When they finished we rang out their clothes and got walking to dry them off.  
 We walked downtown for some ice cream at Graeters - it was a little farther than we thought it would be but not one of the kids complained and they were perfectly happy.  We made it to Graeters as it was getting dark and a rap group was smashing up Fountain Square.  I am not usually a fan of rap but they were clean and pretty good.  Maxwell completely loved it - everyone around us thought he was hilarious with his dancing!  I wish I had a video - too funny!  We have found his calling in life - rap star!  All the kids were determined to get wet again - Ainsley was so funny - she was just a crawl away from falling face first into the fountain but she didn't care - she just kept trying!

We walked all the way downtown, over the bridge and to our cars and everyone was still pretty happy - these kids were so great!  I wish I had a pedometer to see how much we walked.  By the time we got to our hotel and found out they did not have our reservation, figured out our reservation, and checked in we were so tired!  The one good thing was that all of us crashed - no bedtime drama!  

Reviewing all these pictures made me think - we take too many pictures and I am so glad that we do!  I love it - I just have had a hard time picking which ones to post!

2 comments:

CANDACE said...

I've been to that restaurant!!!! It was delicious. I was meeting up with a friend from SC & we browsed through the antique stores after breakfast before I had to leave.

Carolyn said...

So Much fun and so many great pictures!