Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday to Me!

My birthday wish was to go on vacation with my family - my wish came true!!! We started the birthday day with a 3.5 hr drive to the Becks, lunch, swimming, and sailing and we finished the day at our campsite with a yummy pineapple cake in a dutch oven - compliments of my sweet husband!! He did a great job - it was so delicious!

We made the mistake of letting the kids in the tent as soon as we (Morgan and Hattie) got it up! Manhattan read (of course), Marin and Maxwell jumped around and fell off the mattresses giggling the whole time. The worst part of camping is getting these two asleep. I always tell people it is like having two raccoons in a tent - they are all over the place. They love it but it is exhausting for mom and dad. Dad tries to do the bedtime thing and in the end gets the most of the craziness!! He has more patience - I tend to get fed up with their inability to calm down - they are crazy little stinkers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaylee and I think you all look cute. Happy Birthday, Aunt Melissa.
Love, Mom and Kaylee xoxoxo

Alissa said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I'm glad your birthday wish came true!!