Saturday, May 08, 2010

The Aaronic Priesthood Camp Out

Yes - that is the new code for the Fathers and Sons Camp Out!

Maxwell is not quite old enough for the campout (next year he is going for sure!) so that was not an option. Morgan generally goes and takes YM that don't have Dads to take them.

Well, not to do these things normal - - -

Yesterday I woke feeling really junky. I made it through the am ok but crashed and finally at 4pm asked Morgan if he could just stay home. He called and canceled with the two YM he was supposed to take. An hour later I was feeling ok and I told him to go (I felt horrible that he had to cancel with the boys). He called the YM back and got things back together. Morgan offered to take Marin (yeah - I know she is not a boy but oh well) so we got them ready and they were off. Some fun things Morgan and Marin mentioned when the got home today
  • We could not find our tent so they slept in the car (Marin really wanted to sleep in the tent so this made her really sad)
  • They saw President Beck (counselor in Stake Presidency and friend of ours) and his son, Chase - I think Marin was truly surprised to see them at "the camping".
  • They used the outhouses and they were "nasty" (Marin is deep in potty training). She loves that word right now!
  • Marin offered to leave the "boys" there at the campsite and drive home "just me and you Dad). She was not so keen on having strangers (to her) in the car with them!
  • She slept horrible which in turn meant Dad slept even worse (they are both taking a little nap now). I always say it is like a raccoon in a tent camping with her - she can't settle down cause she is so excited and then she doesn't sleep very still anyways!
  • There was a lot of rain and thunder - "so loud" Marin says.
  • She say lots of fire - somewhat alarming until Morgan explained she meant the campfires!
They made it home early this morning and we threw everyone in the shower - you know how you always smell like campfires when you get home from camping (I love that smell) and got ready for my early Mother's Day gift!! See next post!

No comments: