Saturday, March 13, 2010

Umbrella Fun

While we were shopping at Walmart this morning, Marin discovered the umbrellas, rain boots, rain coats, and rain hats in the kids section and she had a great time! She tried on every set - frog, flowers, ladybug, and the fireman. She has been asking for a princess umbrella for her birthday (in July) but these were way cuter than any princess ones! She was in love with the flower set!

Hattie & Morgan eventually found us and Hattie joined in on the fun! Marin loves Hattie! I have to say that I love this picture of just the umbrellas too - totally Hattie's idea! I snuck the flower umbrella in the shopping cart and surprised her in the car - I know I know - but it was only $5.

Hattie has a ladybug umbrella that G & G Smith got for her when she was little so now they both have cute umbrellas to use while walking to school!

It is a very rainy day today so Marin decided when we got home that she wanted to test hers out - Hattie said it was too cold so she stayed in (wuss). I took Marin for a short walk with the umbrellas - she was so happy and so adorable until a huge wind came up and dragged her towards the street - and I mean dragged! Think Mary Poppins but a whole lot littler and a while lot more scared! I grabbed her and pulled her back. Her beautiful pink umbrella fell to the ground and got muddy! Now she just wanted to get home so we turned around. Just as we turned the wind pushed us back, Marin could not get her umbrella up and ended up stepping on it and leaving a brown snow boot mark. Now she was really sad and a little crying and saying "oh my beautiful umbrella" she quickly handed me the umbrella and ran back to the house. She could not wait to tell Hattie and Daddy what happened.

Never fear we washed up the umbrella and it is perfect again! Marin settled down and climbed into bed for her nap - part of the reason she was so teary about it - she was tired! I am sure we will adventure again with our flower umbrella but I am not sure she will love the adventure just the same!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love these pictures!
Love, Grandma Laura xoxoxo