Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Repost - Digital Scrapbooking

I have had some friend asking about the digital scrapbook pages - I am reposting a post from May 2008.

I have gotten a lot of questions about the pages I have been posting. They are digital scrapbook pages - if you look at my friend's Marisa Brown's page she has some amazing pages as well as information about doing digital scrapbooking.


I use the free program scrapbook flair that you can download at www.scrapbookflair.com
I have gathered extra background, embellishments etc from anywhere they are free www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com
www.shabbyprincess.com


I download them and then manipulate them through the scrapbook flair program. I think my friend Marisa using Adobe Photoshop. My sister-in-law uses Microsoft Publisher (Kim & Nephi) When I have them done for the year I will download the files to a photo site like Winkflash, Shutterfly, Scrapbook Please etc and print out the book for the year.

I am still doing Marin and Hattie's books with paper, except sometimes i print pages to put in on Scrapbook Please. All the 2008 pages you saw on the blog became our 2008 family album. This year I printed some for girl scout families and some for the girls that apply and slip them into their albums.


Winkflash, Shutterfly etc have sales periodically on the photo books so that is when to jump on it! Hope this helps some! I really have starting loving the digital scrapbooking. You just have to play around with it! I enjoy the digital and paper scrapping - hope you do too!

2 comments:

Janetta said...

Thanks Melissa! That helps. I'll have to play around with it. I wish I could just run over to your house and have you teach me what you do.

Becca said...

Thanks so much for reposting this! I love yours and Kim's scrapbook pages.