Monday, July 27, 2009

Just some thoughts!

So I am 31 weeks pregnant and things are going well. I can't complain too much about all that pregnancy stuff! I am gaining weight steadily but I am sure that has more to do with my love of ice cream, cookies, and cheese! The baby's heartbeat is strong and he seems to move regularly! I feel the baby most of the day but it never seems that strong. My doctor appointments are now every two weeks so that is "fun". I love my OBGYN, she is really fabulous! Some appointment I need to bring the girls but they do very well - Manhattan especially enjoys hearing her baby brother. Oh - I will try to get Morgan to take my 7 month picture - It is on my to-do list for this week!

We are still without a name - it is hard this time. Morgan seems to think that it is my job - jokingly of course, but I am at a loss for this one! I am not sure we will have a name until he is born and actually I am good with that. I need to see him and hold him to know his name.

I think we are somewhat ready for this baby - are you ever really ready? We have been window shopping for a infant car seat and man, are those expensive! Manhattan's car seat is VERY expired so we are getting a new one. I am somewhat high strung about car seats. Anyways - I think that is really the only purchase we will make with this baby besides clothes - no, he won't have to wear a lot of pink. We have lots of girls clothes in boxes but we are slowing gathering some boy clothes so he will be set I am sure!

Manhattan is having a great summer and it is going so fast! I can hardly believe school starts in less than a month? Augh!? I will be ready for some one-on-one time with Marin (it will be good for her) but I will miss Hattie so much! She is ready and excited for 2nd grade but she is a little anxious about the change - she would be happier to go back to her K and 1st grade class!! She is reading so much - today we went to the library and had to limit her to 15 books - she has read most of two books already!

Everyone asks if Marin knows that a new baby is coming - of course not! Marin has no clue what is going on I'm sure - we have brought it up and she loves babies but no clue - poor girl! She is starting to feel better after being sick last week and I am glad to have her happy spirit again! She is an active but really good little girl. She so loves to be with Manhattan. Some of her favorite things to do are dress up, play farm, read books, brush her teeth, and most recently potty on the big potty. I keep thinking if I would buckle down she would be potty trained by the time the baby comes but I am truly in no hurry. I would rather move her out of the crib first. She will have so many changes soon enough! So we potty up - she went five times in the toilet tioday - everytime just a little! She is pretty funny and excited about it every time. She is talking so much that it seems that everyday she knows something new!! Tomorrow we will be getting her 2 year old pictures taken so I will post those as soon as I can.

Last Thursday, my Bishop, Bishop Joseph Pattillo, from my teen years passed away. He had been sick for awhile with pancreatic cancer. He left behind a great wife, three sons and their families. When my mom called and let me know he passed away I thought about his strong quiet strength. I remembered many years that he worked in our house to help my dad remodel our house and then the years when he served as my Bishop.

Now as I serve with a wonderful hard working Bishop who puts in so many hours with no real payment. Morgan loves serving as his counselor and sees all he does and how hard he works. No one aspires to be a Bishop in the Lord's church - it is a very hard calling with lots of drain!

After serving as I have with our Bishop here in Toledo, I can only love and respect Bishop Pattillo more. He wasn't the most outgoing man - more quiet but we all knew he loved us! He worked, raised his family, served in his calling, even helped our family when we needed him. This picture is how I remember him. I am thankful for the time he put forth and the sacrifices he made on my behalf for so many years! I know he is with our Heavenly Father and receiving the rewards he has earned! My love and gratitude goes out to his sweet wife, sons and their wives, and his wondeful granchildren!

Just some journal thoughts - I guess I need to get this published and call it my journal!

1 comment:

Janetta said...

You're little boy will be here before we know it. He will be here about when my boys turn 1. Wow! I wish I were there to help you out in these coming weeks. I'm sure you are more ready than you think for him. How about Moroni for a name? (Just kidding). Is Hattie going into the 2nd grade next year? Haysannah starts school on Aug. 10th so we are trying to get ready for that. Shalyce will be in preschool this year too. I hope you find the right car seat. We had to get a new one for one of your boys. We are looking at getting 3 car seats soon (booster, 2 forward facing seats for the boys). I'm sorry to hear about your past bishop. Melissa, please do a post on which programs you use to do your digital pages. They are always so cute. I like the journaling you include too. Which company did you print your blog off on too. Happy summer!