Thursday, July 09, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Yes, today is my birthday and I am happy to say that I am . . . 34! I actually have to think about it - silly I know but I can hardly remember anymore!! No, I do not feel "older" I just am!! It is crazy when I think that it has been a LONG time since I have been in high school but I am so glad to be past that stage in life for sure! This is my favorite part of life even if it can be challenging and I am always tired - what is up with that!!!

As tradition for my birthday we went to Red Robin for dinner. We spent the morning in Kennewick with my brother Derrick's family, drove to Portland, stopped at Multnomah Falls, checked into our hotel and then drove to Red Robin to see my brother Jeff and his family (Sarah and Kaylee). We googled Red Robin for one near Jeff's work and then we all got there and it did not exist - sham on Google!! So we headed to one we knew (thanks to my parents and my brother for driving all over so we could be together). I hardly get to see them so it was nice to see them for a bit! Kaylee was leery of us of course since we see her once a year or so! I got my birthday wish this year since I was able to see most of my family and even some of Morgan's! I only didn't get to see my brother Mike and his family that now lives in Alaska :(.

So here are some pictures from Red Robin - all of Jeff and his cute family!! Kaylee is a month younger than Marin but already taller!! She also has a lot more hair!! I wish Marin and Kaylee would have had more time together - they are so cute! We had a hard time getting a picture of them together because neither was willing to give up their balloons!!










After dinner we headed to our hotel and crashed. My parents had to continue on and drive TWO more hours to the coast - sorry mom and dad!

I have to say that I have great parents - willing to drive all over to get us all together and then still driving the rest of the way home exhausted!! I am so grateful for my family - not only my little family but my parents and brothers and their families! I was blessed to be born into a great family and doubly blessed when they found great wives and brought their children into it. I have to admit I love my nieces and nephews - they are so funny and we miss so much when we are away!!

Thanks for a great birthday!

1 comment:

Janetta said...

Happy belated birthday Melissa! I am struggling to keep up with things these days. I'm glad to here you found a Red Robin. That' one of our favorites (because it's kid-friendly I suppose). You are only as old as you feel. We are glad you have been a part of our lives!!! I wish I had your energy, organization skills, and ambition right now. May this be the best year ever!