Thursday, July 09, 2009

My Girly Afternoon with Kim

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The second half of my Ethington-Style birthday was a VERY classy lunch with my sister-in-law Kim and then a QUICK haircut compliments of my mother-in-law Marianne!

Ok, I have to say that this "diner" that Kim took me to was kind of a dive - but the sandwiches were so good!! Just to set the stage, it is actually not a diner but a gas stop. A large corner of this place is reserved for adults 18 and older (if you are not sure what was in there - I can explain it to you later but it included a lot of stuff), they also sell liquor and pop of course. BUT I am telling you the sandwiches were so good! They are made on homemade bread and they will add avocados and cream cheese or extra cheese to make it low calorie! I could not eat the whole thing - it was huge and so good!!

After lunch we drove around the corner (Kim wasn't kidding when she said the salon was close) to what looked like a whole in the wall hair salon called the Electric Chair. It was nice inside and the hair stylist - Jeff was great! He took an hour to do our haircuts. He cut our hair dry, then shampooed and conditioner, and then finished with it dry. Kim has great hair - although I realized she has similar hair as mine - she just has more of it. We have similar hair issues and like all of us - we wish it was thicker, waver, straighter, longer, etc!!

I have to admit Jeff had to do a lot of cutting on my hair to even up some "home cut jobs" I have done recently. Yes, I have a good person to cut my hair at home, I am just always too busy to make an appt and go!! It is a little bit of a short bob but it will grow back nice! It feels so good - I love having a good haircut - it just feels nice!!

This picture somewhat hids both of our growing bellies (Kim is due in January). We loved this electric chair skeleton he had - so funny!

It was a really fun afternoon and frankly the best birthday present ever - lunch and a hair appt!! Thanks Marianne and Kim!!

2 comments:

Janetta said...

I like your hair cut Melissa! It suits you well. You barely look pregnant there. Happy vacationing!

Jennifer said...

You guys both look gorgeous! Melissa, I can see the difference in your hair and it really looks great. I just love the darker color. I'm going in on Thursday to get my hair cut shorter and closer to my natural color. You inspired me! :)

Fun to see you, too, Kim...and you do not look one bit pregant!

Cute pic of you both!