Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Have you read this book?

We have a favorite book in our home right now - have you read this? If you haven't read any Mo Willems go to your local library and check one out! Another favorite is - Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus, Don't Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late, and Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus.

My friend Candace recommended them and we can't get enough of them. I have been reading this one to Marin everyday - she was reading it to herself the other day and doing some parts (in hard to understand language - except for the puppy, puppy, puppy part). When she sees another pigeon book she gets excited and says "puppy, puppy, puppy". So she hasn't figured out that the books are more about a pigeon. Oh well - today I dig out our other one - I think it is the hot dog one so I can rotate!

Just wanted to share!

3 comments:

erin said...

my boys love the pigeon books and i love their giggles as they read it. Does Hattie read the boxcar children series? it is another one she might like.

CANDACE said...

I love them all but the hot dog one is my absolute favorite!

Julia said...

Lexi loves Mo Williams books! The author visited Highland last year. Lexi has even started drawing some characters from the books!