Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our New Rocking Chair

Last Friday I helped Mrs. Rife (Manhattan's Kindergarten teacher) clean out and pack up her classroom. The whole school will be moving to the new building that was built next door. Great news except the teachers had to CLEAN (throw things away and deep clean) out their rooms and pack everything up.

I know what a crazy job that is at the end of a regular year so to clean it all out and pack it up is a huge job! I was happy to help!

So I volunteered to come in and help out for a day. Mrs. Rife was getting rid of this great little wooden rocking chair - she will have a smaller room and no extra space!

It was a huge joy when I brought it home - Marin loves it! Actually both girls love it and fight to sit in it! It has become the reading chair in the living room for both of them - so fun to see! I need to clean it up and maybe polish it up! For a days work - which was fun - this was a fabulous prize!

Thank you Mrs. Rife! It is being well loved by both girls!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

our suggestion Montgomery! Love the chair, what a great find! Hopefully Marin will have her in a few years, wouldn't that be fun. Also we are away on vacation and if you can get a chance can you show Sharon our blog. I asked Maria too, hopefully she won't miss us as much.

Alissa said...

cute!

I was reading my scriptures last night when I read Manti! I thought that would be an awesome name for a boy!

Janetta said...

I love that chair! That's perfect for Marin (and Hattie). I understand the competition for the chair (or anything for that matter) Love the haircut! That is such a great idea to help volunteer to help "close up shop" in the classroom. Any helpful hands are always welcome.