
Marin slept about 2.5 hours after I gave her some Benedryl. First time ever I have given my child meds to sleep and I will do it again next time we fly! She was pretty antsy before her nap and ran through all the toys I brought. She was pretty good! It is hard for Marin (and me) to have her on my lap for 6.5 hours. Next time I will buying her a ticket and seat of her own! Hattie, of course, just occupied herself the whole time -reading, coloring, listening to music. She is a great flyer - very experienced!
We arrived in Portland about 6:00 pm (9:00 pm for the girls) and went to dinner at IKEA. Neither of them ate anything much - they were too tired. I was starving and loved the chicken wrap!! We headed home and that was the worst part - Marin cried for 45 minutes, slept a half hour and then cried the other 45 minutes - and I mean screamed! My poor parents - they were so patient! She woke up Hattie who then started crying! It was 12:30 am (our time) when we got home and I just put them in their pjs and we all slept together! We were all so tired! Just so you know sleeping with Hattie is like sleeping with an octopus - so it is a little rough! Marin just sleeps so close!Marin woke up at 4:45 am so I was up early enjoying the morning! Actually we were all a little tired but ok! We started our morning with Hattie's request - pancake waffles with chocolate chips!! So yummy! We had the cable guy fixing the TV so we all made ourselves busy with other things - thankfully! Marin loved the crib (no baby doll) and the dress-up stuff! Manhattan busied herself with the dollhouse most of the morning! We got some coloring stuff out etc! After lunch Marin crashed and we played scrabble - yep - Hattie played scrabble and she did amazingly well! We will be doing that today for sure! We took a little nap ourselves and then went to get Grandma for work!

My parents have a pretty kid friendly house but there are a few things that I have had to move! Marin figured out really quickly that things could go in the VHS player! She actually got a toy stuck in there by 10 am. This picture was later in the day - she started sticking books in there too! You have to love her smarts and persistance!!
We were a little early to pick up Grandma from work so we decided to go for a drive on the beach. I love that about here - you can drive on the beach and be close to the water! It has been cold and rainy so that is the outside we get - driving with the windows down on the beach! I rolled the windows down for the girls and drove circles and they loved it! Marin loved seeing the birds! Manhattan kept asking if we could do it everyday - why not? We have nothing to scheduled on this trip!
After we got home we had dinner, watched a little movie, and crashed! The girls were out so fast - I think my parents were surprised, I know I was just relieved!! I am working on Marin's crosstitch for her birthday so I need some time every night!!
This morning Marin was up at 4:45 am again! I decided to shower at 5:30 only to find no hot water - I had a warm shower once we got the problem fixed later! Turns out that the water heater had kicked itself off - so considerate!!
After we dropped off my mom at work we went for another drive on the beach and saw a bald eagle - that was so amazing! As we left the beach there was a whole herd of elk just on the local golf course! This is a lousy phone picture - we are going to try to go back in the morning to see them again! I thought about taking my camera this morning but forgot so this is what I got with my phone! They were just along the side of the road and it was a herd of about 20 - so amazing! The girls loved it!!So today we are doing laundry and laying low soaking up the cartoons that the girls never see without cable! I will take more photos and post more stuff soon! We miss our dad but we are enjoying the time with G & G!
P.S. Marin is still warming up but she will smile and blow kisses when they leave and then give them snippets of love! Just a little stinker - so cute though! Manhattan could not be happier to be here - she love her G & G and loves just being here hanging out!!
1 comment:
SO MUCH FUN! I love to travel. So funny that H is an octopus. That is the best description that I have ever heard of how some kids sleep. How are the allergies. I am praying they are under control. I despise allergies! Happy travels.
Post a Comment