Today Manhattan gave her 4th primary talk. She was asked to write about taking care of our bodies (Word of Wisdom, 13th Article of Faith, etc.). She did very well. She repeated it at home so that we could post it for the Grandparents. So no, that is not what she wore to church today - a snowflake purple shirt and red fleece pants - that would be her choice of after church lounging clothes!
She is pretty funny when she does a talk. She knows all about writing a talk (Morgan and Hattie write it), making the "visuals" (mostly my job - I am always scrambling for sticks or straws to use with the great pictures I come up with) and then practicing (we set up a pretend podium and everything). Since she can read she now tends to read her talk more than memorize cause she gets nervous. She does an great job at church every time but she is so nervous.
My favorite part is the end because she bears her testimony and every time she practiced it the testimony was a little different - it is fun to hear what she is prompted to say. Everytime it is different but just as inspiring to hear what she is understanding and remembering about the gospel.
P.S. More fun this weekend when we have our primary program - no we will not be recording it and posting it on the blog!
2 comments:
That was way too cute. I wanted to just give Manhattan a big hug. She is so darn cute. I loved the hair, and the end when she shared her own thoughts. I wish I was there. It just makes me miss you all so much. Love Grandma Annie
Hattie,
You are such a wonderful little girl. You are so cute and Grandpa Neal and I are so proud of you. We wish we could hug and kiss you.
You make tears come to my eyes whenever I watch you give a talk. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus are very proud of you. We love you, Grandma Laura and Grandpa Neal
xoxoxo
Post a Comment