Manhattan was a bit nervous last night at school. Morgan gave her a father's blessing and she seemed a little better. Before she went to bed, she asked if I would hide some love notes for her today and I put them everywhere so she would not be lonely.
We all walked over to school and took Hattie to her class. Her teacher is Mrs. Rife, she is in room 10. Hattie took her an red apple. We found where her spot was, where to put her lunch box, and then it was time to leave. OK - I admit - I CRIED. I was surprised at how happy and sad I was to leave her in kindergarten. She seemed very nervous - all the kids seemed scared. All the years I taught, how much I loved teaching kindergarten - I was still so overwhelmed by dropping her off. Don't worry I didn't go hysterical but I did cry.
Morgan, Marin, and I spent the day cleaning and organizing our basement - we are not done yet! We picked up Hattie at the end of the day and she was all smiles! She loves her teacher, she loved playtime, loved recess, loved art class, loved getting all organized. She didn't remember anyone's name but she said she made a friend. This picture is right after school - she is still smiling! After school she had gymnastics and then we went to dinner to celebrate - to where else - Red Robin! By the time we got home and took baths, Manhattan was exhausted and collapsed into bed.
It was a terrific day! Hattie loves going to kindergarten and I am glad but I will miss her so much! She is an amazing child and Morgan and I feel so lucky to be her parents! I hope everyone at school will see how wonderful she is! I will try to add a little video of her later! P.S. I love school uniforms!!!
5 comments:
Yay Hattie! Glad your first day was awesome!
I love school uniforms also! She looks so cute! Does Lauren go to the same school? How is Marin doing with Hattie gone all day? I'm happy to see she had a good first day!
I cried when I dropped Lydia at school this year, 7th grade, new shool, she looked so scared and lost. I just sat in the car and brawled. It will get easier, just don't move, ever...I too love uniforms, although only two og mine wear them, I get a ton of smack from them about it, to bad school policy! Happy school days Hattie!
Congratulations Hattie! That is a big day for you!
-uncle derrick
I can't believe it! I thought Hattie would stay four, out there in Ohio, forever. I'm so happy she had a good day, and don't worry--I bawled like a BABY for two days straight when Rache started first grade. It was b/c now she would be gone all day. Is Hattie in all-day kindergarten?
Totally jealous of school uniforms!
Post a Comment