Sunday, December 27, 2015

Tobaggoning 2015

Saturday, December 26th
Every winter I realize that our family has a lot of traditions  - another one of our favorite tradition is going tobogganing  with our friends!  It was the perfect thing to do the day after Christmas - after al the snacking and lounging - we needed to get out!

This year the Empies and Davis came with us!!I love this picture this year - not everyone is in the picture but a lot of us got in it!



It is a little bit of a drive to Pokagon and then we bundle up and swoosh!  It is so fun!  The hard work is that we have to carry the toboggans up the stairs to the top of the track.  It is kind of a haul up there and every adult carries!!  Coming down is the best - we run about 30 miles per hour with wind whipping in your face!  It was a cold day but not as cold as it has been in years past!  I have to admit that the track was pretty bumpy and rough this year!


We had a great time - the lines were getting long so we gave up our tobaggons to other familes waiting and we bundled back into our cars!  I was especially thankful for my new snuggly blanket and my hot cocoa cooler that Hattie got me for Christmas!  Hot cocoa and lunch on the way home was perfect!

We got home and it was warm enough to do a quick clean out of the garage.  We sent the kids out with their new scooters and started cleaning!  Here is where the lesson comes in:  always clean off a shelf before you push the shelf against the wall.  No and yes, no I did not clean off the top of the shelf and yes I pushed it to the wall and knock off a metal eagle.  It came down with a crash and split my head in two spots!  (It has been an awesome year for injuries for me!).  By the time the kids got home from their ride I was at the kitchen table with Morgan holding cloths on my head trying to stop the bleed (head wounds bleed a lot).  The kids came in arguing about something and then stopped to see the blood!  Thankfully Morgan was able to see the cuts and know that I did not need to go to ER. Small headache and a bit later we got the garage cleaned out :)  I will post this shot small - just a little fun shot of my head after the fact :)

All and all another great trip to Pokagon!

No comments: