Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Lights Before Christmas

Tuesday, December 22nd


One of our favorite winter traditions is going to the Toledo Zoo - Lights Before Christmas.  This year it was looking like we would never get to go - our schedules have been a little crazy since we got home from California.

The ice slide was awesome - so fun!  I have to admit hitting the end bump hurt my back - I am getting old I guess!  I did love it though!  I didn't get it together to pack hot cocoa this year so we did an early visit and headed out to dinner!  Another something we don't get to do that often anymore!  Every year for as long as I can remember the kids ask for a picture in front of the peacock lights - it is just part of the visit!  We have to wait for it to get dark enough and Morgan always does a great job getting a shot with the the feathers all lit up!

I am always so thankful for my long underwear, layers of clothes, gloves, hats, mittens, and warm shoes doe when we have to go to see the Lights!  I am always so cold and I just hate being cold!!

No comments: