Friday, July 31, 2015

Our last day together!

Grandpa, Grandma, Maxwell, Megan, Ethan, Manhattan, Marin, and Me (Morgan our photographer)
It was a beautiful day - we took all the kids to the Toledo Zoo!  It was beautiful (and warm - the kids loved the zoo!  It is truly one of my favorite places in Toledo.  We spent most of the day there - wandering around all the animals, inside the Aquarium, in the African Savannah, the elephants and most important naked mole rats, and visiting the bird feeding area.  We stopped for lunch and ice cream and had a fabulous day!

These photos make me smile so much! I love the smiles and the fun memories that come with these photos.  Sending them home the next day was so hard - it really tore me up to say goodbye to all of them!

I was feeling pretty good - it had been three days since my surgery so I was doing pretty good - my hand was swelling still quite a bit and wearing the brace drove my nuts - it felt so heavy!  By the end of the day I was tired but so happy!





We ended our day with another trip to Handels (I think this was the third trip in two weeks!) with the Empies!! It was like combining the family I was born into and the family we have chose here in Ohio.  It meant so much to me to have them all together a few times this week!  This was a great evening - all the kids were so happy!  I was so sad because I knew the next day would be so sad!


No comments: