We took a bet late in October about when the first snow was going to hit - Manhattan was the closest! It snowed and it snowed a great snow! The kids were so excited! Thankfully I had already gone through the snow gear to make sure we were ready. It snowed on Sunday and then all day Monday. Maxwell climbed in his snow pants after breakfast and played outside for quite a while. I looked out at one point and he was laying in his snow watching the snow fall. It was so adorable! He missed his sisters but he loved playing in the snow just by himself!
I have a feeling we are in for a long one again this winter, the week after the snow we had dangerously cold weather! It all melted after the freezy days passed when we had two rainy days of 50 degree weather but then we got some crazy wind storms yesterday that left us without power (and of course, I do not know how to plug in the generator - on my to do list to learn).
We went shopping at Kroger and the power went out there too - that was kind of awesome - being in a dark store! They turned on the generator and we wandered in dim lights until the cash registers were up and going again. It was hard to push the cart outside - thankfully by the time I got home with Maxwell from preschool power was back on!
Yesterday was a crazy day , along with the windstorm - Marin woke up yesterday with some crazy spots on her face - took her in, she has STREP! Maxwell woke up this morning - sick too! The kids only had two days of school this week and Marin missed both. We have invited friends over for Thanksgiving and now I am just praying we won't all be sick!
So we take the good with the bad - I am thankful today that I am a stay-at-home mom and I can be home with my sick kids and enjoy the snowing mornings! Praying we are all healthy on Thanksgiving but if not - oh well! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment