Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall pictures of the house!


We have had a lot of fun getting ready for Halloween in the new house.  I am not much for scary/gory halloween but I love a little creepy!  We put all of our window candles up and they look wonderful at night.  Our street has not street lights so it is especially inviting to drive up to our house at night.

Morgan and I made these contact paper ghosts to surprise the kids - they loved them!  The top picture is the mantle in the dining room and the entry way mirror, the one on the bottom is the sunroom windows above the lego table.  We picked up some spider rings at the Dollar Tree, clipped off the rings and made creeping spiders all over the house - they loved them!!  

I have been trying to eliminate clutter in our new house but I love decorating my fireplace mantle - it is one of my favorite parts of our new house!  I love it!  We will probably never use the fireplace because of the wood burning stove but I love the look and feel of it!

One of the other things I love about our house is all the trees - we are very close to a nature park and our street with filled with trees.  The trees look amazing right now - changing colors everywhere!  The bummer is our two front trees are just brown maples so we just have crunchy brown leaves.  We do have a lot of beautiful red in the backyard.  Saturday we spent two hours raking our leaves and dragging them together under our front tree (in a few weeks the leaf pick-up truck will come and collect them all - thank you taxes).  The kids were so happy to have such a great pile of leaves - they made it to a proper fort - it was so funny that they played in it for a long while!! They even had a fort flag and fort rules!


One of the things that we could do without at our new house is the CRAZY squirrels!  They have taken every little pumpkin off the front porch and chewed on the big ones.  I even spray them weekly with tabasco spray to keep them away but - oh well!  The squirrels probably tell their friends "the new family in that house are wonderful, they put put free food in the fall".  Augh!!  Oh well, hoping it will last until the first snow which could be anyday - today it was 33 degrees when we woke up!  Not looking forward to the snow!!  

No comments: