Happy Mother's Day to every women who has had a child, lost a child, loved a child, held a child, babysat a child, adored a child, or even been a child! We are all mothers in our own way. It is the one job that I looked forward to my whole life - it is better, harder, and more exhausting than I imagined! I love my kids, my husband, my kids' friends & my friends, I am grateful that they make me a better wife and mother!
Thank you to my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-laws, my grandmas, my ward friends, the women who serve my children, and my best friends - you help me survive this time of life. I know everyone says it goes so fast and I need to slow down, I know I will miss these days, but somedays . . . Our Heavenly Father has given us the gift of womanhood - we know that it is hard, exhausting, and sometimes overwhelming but we share it with so many other awesome women in this world!
Today I start a new calling - I am the new NURSERY leader in our ward! I whole-heartedly accepted the calling (as long as they released me from my other two) and then I went to church last week and I was overwhelmed. Kids were crazy, the schedule made me flustered, singing time was chaos, my kids came running into the nursery before we were done!
This week as I planned my lesson etc I realized I had missed the point last week. I was so overwhelmed about the schedule, who does what, who is potty trainied, who runs away, who cries, who has allergies that I missed the whole point of my calling as nursery leader!!
I get to spend two hours loving other people's children - two hours with no mom requirements, only "auntie" jobs - none of these children come home with me - all their parents are serving diligently in our ward - I only need to plan a 5 minute lesson - we have snack, singing time, bubbles, and playdoh! Awesome! So today I am going back and thinking about the little spirits who will play with me! Yeah!!
So Happy Mother's Day to you and me! Show love to every woman you meet - she does not have to be your mother or anyone's mother for that matter - honor the gift of womanhood!!
P.S. If you are serving in a calling at church, remember the "girlfriend" that you are serving as you love their child for two hours! :)
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day to you Melissa! You are awesome!
Post a Comment