So what have you been doing in January & February?
Well, I tell you what we have not been doing - biking outside, sunbathing, or even going to school. Until last week we had missed 11 days and gone 13 days (2 of which were delay starts) in the months of January/February. It has been crazy - we missed two weeks of church in January and many many days of hitting the gym! I am now used to wearing long underwear, three pairs of socks, two sweatshirts (when I am in my house) everyday!
So we have been staying home, cleaning house, and playing in the snow. I got some major de-cluttering done and was busy trying to keep on my weight watchers! I am happy to report a clean house and staying steady with losing a little winter weight! We have had lots of Level 3 snow emergency - no one leaves their houses (except Morgan) and a lot of Level 2 (roads are slick, no church, no activity days, or school) and a couple Level 1 snow emergencies (be careful but carry on). I love having my kids home from school but the crazy schedule is messing with all of us! This last week they went a full week and we are all starting to get adjusted to getting up everyday!
Anyways - so this is what we did - we sledding down the big hills at Ottawa Park, the pretty crazy hills in our front yard, and did our favorite winter adventure with the Davis family - tobaggonning!! It was an awesome time! Love it everytime!
And here we are mid-February and we still have icy streets, snow this morning, and a bunch coming in tomorrow! No school tomorrow (President's Day) - I know, really! So the kids are out sledding down the hill in our front yard that has gotten pretty big and pretty slick with ice!
It has officially been the snowiest (about 70 inches!!) & coldest winter on record for Toledo and it is not over yet. Spring is in 31 days and I would give anything to see my grass!! I even went and had ice cream at my favorite spot this week - shivered in the car but dang it - I want summer and ice cream!!!
Hope you are staying warm - I am not!!



2 comments:
I am SSOOOO very sad for you!!
You guys just need to move back to Tri-Cities. Its sunny, 50 degrees and "breezy" :) Miss ya!
Post a Comment