Friday, July 19, 2013

I guess my watch was just water resistant?!?

We had been debating whether we would do some white water rafting while we were here at Yellowstone - we finally decided to take the "plunge" and do it.  Grandma & Grandpa were kind enough to keep the younger half for the day - which was so nice of them!  Poor Megan woke up so sick the day we were to go - she was miserable and we were so sad to leave her behind!  All day we kept saying how much she would have loved it and how sad we were that she got sick!

We headed back up to Bozeman and we were all so excited!  I had never been white water rafting before so I was just as excited as the kids!!  Morgan has gone a couple times so he was the pro in our group!

We got all suited up, heard the emergency prep (after which I was wondering what we were thinking) and took off!  Can you see the smiles on our faces?  Ethan took the majority of the water in the face and was freezing by the end but he was really amazing through the whole ride!  He had the best laugh every time he got slammed by water!

In the end it was just really fun - not too scary - not too hard - and no one fell out of the boat!  We really had a great time!  Yes - I got sucked in for the three professional shots - they are great pictures that show how much fun we had!!  The only downside was I realized my watch was not water resistant like I thought it was?  :( Such a bummer!


I am so looking forward to 4-5 years from now when Maxwell will be old enough and we can go again all together as a family!  Can't wait!!

No comments: