Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy Pioneer Day!?


So for all you friends that live in Utah, this whole Pioneer Day is normal but for the rest of us - wow!  It is totally a big deal and we all miss out!  We spent the am just hanging out, driving up to SnowBird for a tshirt for Morgan, and hitting another Deseret bookstore (Hattie loves them).  Here in Utah stores close early and friendly cashiers say "Happy Pioneer Day!" - frankly I didn't even know how to respond - I stumbled through a "you too?!!?"  So nice but so different!

Anyways everyone in our family decided to grab some fireworks and in the end we had this massive pile - I thought we got a shot of it but I could not find it!  Trust me it was huge!  The guys fired them off while we had an amazing show right in our driveway - crazy!  I am used to no fireworks due to fire risk or just bodily harm but these guys were really into it!  :) Better them than me!!

It was fun and the kids had a blast - a perfect way to end our time with the Ethingtons for sure!  Tomorrow morning - on the St. George!

No comments: