Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

This year I was inspired by some creative friends and pleading children to have a New Year's Eve event - I can't say party cause it just wasn't one!

We planned events to do at every hour from 5 pm - 12 pm.  Morgan and I made these bags with clocks to put a small party prize in like a blower, clapper, balloon, etc.  We also made a picture puzzle for each event that was planned.  So the pictures looked like these above and then we cut them up and put them in the clock bags - center picture below!
Happy New Year!
It went something like this
5 pm - Balloon, Puzzle:  Make pizza

6 pm - Glow Sticks, Puzzle:  Watch a movie, Muppets on Treasure Island (which was a horrid choice for our family - Marin was scared and would not watch it!)

7 pm - Marshmallow Blow Guns!
7 pm - Bead Necklaces, Puzzle:  Marshmallow fight (turned off the bad movie choice and played with our marshmallow/nerf dart blowers) this was one of the best parts - a whole hour of throwing food and nerf darts! Oh and yes, that is our beautiful son Maxwell in only his underwear and t-shirt.  We thought we would be start potty training him this last weekend - he is not ready for it!  Two secs after I took this picture - my floor was wet again.  Oh well, we will try a little but later.
8 pm - Ice Cream Sundaes!

8 pm - Blowers, Puzzle:  Ice Cream Sundaes

9 pm - Clappers, Puzzle: Make a Party Hats

10 pm - Fortune cookies, Puzzle:  Make a New Year's Resolution

11 pm - Ring Pops, Puzzle:  Play a Family Game

12 pm - Kazoos, Puzzle:  Happy New Year:  Watch the ball drop (we did this one early)

The end of evening chaos!
It was actually a lot of fun!  Maxwell went down about 9 pm, Marin crashed on the couch at 11:15 (she almost made it) and Manhattan, Morgan, and I made it into the New Year!  The next morning we rewatched the ball drop and screamed Happy New Year with Marin & Maxwell.

 I saved the bags so we could do it again next year - it was worth doing again!

2 comments:

Chapman Family said...

How fun!!! I love this idea of the bags and having something to do every hour. Totally going to copy you next year. : )

Malie said...

Very cute! Looks like you had a great time.