Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Visit to Santa

Today we made out annual trip to Matthes Tree Farm in Ida, Michigan.  We have gone there every year for 6 years!  We love their Santa.  Today we were there early enough to welcome Santa in to his spot - he is so cute!  All morning Morgan had been role playing sitting on Santa's lap and we thought Maxwell might go for it.  As soon as "Santa" arrived he kept saying "I no sit Santa, I no sit Santa!"  So funny!

While we waited for Santa arrive we wandered around the petting zoo - they had some cute animals and the kids loved it!  The baby calf about kissed us with her big wet tongue.  The pigs were crazy when the food was out.  The baby bunnies were adorable and snuggly!


The girls were pros with Santa and were rewarded with a yummy candy cane.  Maxwell and I both went up to Santa but there was no prying him out of my arms - he did talk with Santa but he would not even stand in front of him so I am in this year's Santa picture! You will also notice that Maxwell is tearing into his candy cane - the only reason he even came close to Santa!


After our visit with Santa we wandered through the tree forest - I love real trees.  Every year I want to get one and then I remember the cost ($75), the length of time before it dies, the messy needles and I decide to go with my fake tree and buy a real wreath!  So here we are picking out our tree that we left growing in the ground :)

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Kaylee and I wish we were there, Grandpa, too! It looks like you are having a great time! Love, Grandma, Grandpa, and Kaylee