Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Mother's Day To Me!

The morning started with sleeping in until 6:30 - sad but that is truly sleeping in at my house!  The kids &   Morgan had made a yummy breakfast - we have early church so it was all business eating in the kitchen but it was so nice to not be in charge!

We made it to church and I got to sit up front - I was asked to give a talk.  They asked me to speak on the importance of motherhood - really you ask a mother of young kids about the importance of motherhood.  Don't get me wrong, I know it is important but it is exhausting!  I joked with my friend that I was renaming my talk - "Just say no to Motherhood!"  All joking aside - I am grateful I gave this talk - I needed the topic - it changed to the importance of womanhood and I focused on the need for women to remember their divine nature of women that we are daughters of God before all of our jobs in life - moms, daughters, wives, daughters etc.  If we are not happy and aware of our own divine nature we will not be successful in all of our jobs!


After church it was a yummy lunch & naptime!  Is a nap always my wish for Mother's Day now - how lame and so wonderful!  Anyways - Manhattan and Morgan planned a fabulous Mother's Day "mission" as we call them in our house.  I had to find the different clues - solve the riddles and keep moving.  While I was hunting I picked up some cool gifts - a car wash gift card, a Barnes and Nobles gift card for my Nook, and some yummy Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  It was a lot of fun!  Here are some pictures of the hunt - it really was super fun!  Hattie was so proud of the great clues, hiding places, and prizes!  Kudos to Morgan for really including her and going through so much work for me!

Morgan and the kids even whipped up a super yummy dinner of some of my favorite!  I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  My real concern now is how to I match this for Father's Day!

No comments: