*Maxwell is almost 18 months. He has been practicing attending nursery and mom has started enjoying church more because of it. He has started talking with great speed - pretty funny to hear new words every day - cookie, milk, milk gone, apple, book, etc. He has decided that he will walk down the stairs BY HIMSELF. He loves to read books and watch baby einstein shows. Recently he has been getting more teeth and being fussy to go along with it - he is not a snuggler but he wants you to hold him and then he will thrash around. He jumps all the time - I don't remember our other kids jumping like this - he hops all around the house, in and out of the pool, off the couch - it has been quite fun! Maxwell likes to perch himself in the kitchen window and watch the world go by - I know it is probably a horrible thing to let him do but he is happy therefore I let him do it! I realize that I do not have many pictures of him - I see this view of him grabbing my legs ALL THE TIME. He has become hard to take pictures of recently - we will see how his 18 month photo op goes at JcPenneys this week! :)
*Marin is as funny as ever. She has become very inquisitive - did I really ever worry about that fact that she was not talking much? She asks questions all the time!!! She loves to plan the rhyming game in the car - sometimes it makes me crazy. She is "reading" words everywhere and loves to find letters and sound them out. She loves Maxwell and they are quite the pair - laughing & giggling and sometimes getting into a lot of trouble. She has taken to swimming underwater which is so funny since she comes up looking like she is drowning all the time. She is counting down the days until her birthday so we can go camping and to the Build A Bear store (she just figured that one out!). Marin took Morgan to school for her half-birthday special day on March 1st and she is still talking about it! She loves preschool and is a crack up when she says prayers at night. She got her first real haircut by our friend, Miss Brooke and she tells everyone that she is very "fashion". (It was really just a trim but she loved it!)
* Manhattan is maturing before our eyes and I hate it. She is participating in the school talent show next month - doing some irish dance - I would have never been that brave. This last month she has learned and mastered counted cross-titch. She first did it on mesh plastic and now she doing on regular cross-titch material - I am so proud of her. We love doing our projects together. She is almost done with one for her BFF Lauren. She is doing great in third grade and still amazes us at her ability to read and understand things. She loves activity days at church and is working very hard on her Faith In God award - she never just takes the easy way out but works hard to do it right. I miss the little girl she was as she rolls her eyes when we hug her & kiss her. She tries very hard to help out around the house and seems to have noticed that mom & dad are human. I know, great huh? I have to say some days she frustrates me on how she does not "see things" the way I do but the next day she is so awareto say the nice thing or help out. She is growing up - I hate it! *Morgan and I? Well, we made our weight loss goals this last few weeks so that was fun! I have so loved having Morgan as my partner in that one. It is so much easier to keep trying working together. He has been released from his calling in the bishopric (as of this morning) so it will be a new adventure having him sit with us during church. He is busy with work but I am so grateful for how he makes time to do things with us. He flew out this morning to California to see his family and attend his brother, Brickmann's wedding in Utah. I am still trying to keep up with my life and the things I say yes to. I loved finishing Penelope's cross-titch and I started Maxwell's too. My goal while Morgan is out of town is to get Maxwell's done. I am behind on my digital scrapbooking but I have to conquer one thing at a time.
Anyways - I will try to keep up - we keep having one nice day and then what we think is our last snow of the year so I am out shoveling a lot (you can see that on our last big snow only Marin & Morgan decided it was fun to plan in) but I am hopeful that this week we will see the sun!
![]() |
| February 19, 2011 |
![]() |
| February 25, 2011 |
Yeah right!


2 comments:
Just love seeing how big your kids are getting & hearing about their personalities!
Fun Fun Fun! We are ready for the winter to be over too. It was so nice on the east coast this week ... hoping it comes this way soon!
You have such a cute family and are always doing such fun things! See you later in the week!
Post a Comment