After church we all rested and then gathered our things together for a little mini girls weekend. Grandma Annie and I took Piper, Phoebe, Paizlie, and Manhattan to Kalahari Indoor Water Park. (I know it is Sunday - don't judge me - it was the cheapest night :(. We loaded up and got there about 4 pm. Got checked into our room and were down at the waterpark by 4:30 pm. We started our water time with a ride in the lazy river. Then we hit all rode water rides, hung out in the wave pool, and finished the night with a dunk in the hot tub. Grandma Annie got a little motion sick on one of the rides but otherwise we had fun. The wave pool was so funny. At first the girls got slammed with the waves but they caught on and even learned the ride the waves back in.
By 7 pm we were back in our room in our pjs eating a huge pizza - I guess when I called in and said 6 people I should have clarified 4 girls and 2 adults. It was huge but still good - we were all hungry. Grandma Annie and Phoebe crashed and I stayed up a little while to play Apples To Apples - so funny with these girls! By 9:30 pm, we all were in bed - everyone fell asleep only to be woken up by Manhattan crying and then throwing up all over. We figured she must have gotten overheated or swallowed too much water - she seemed fine but it was a mess. Paizlie was a little messy but was so tired that we just stripped her down and moved her to a different bed and she didn't remember it in the morning. Manhattan took a shower and crawled back into a clean bed thanks to a wonderful woman in housekeeping who brought us new sheets and pillows. So nice to be in a hotel! I slept with her the rest of the night but hardly slept afraid she would throw up again. It was nice to snuggle with my only too grown up baby girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment