Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Been so busy - I guess!

Whew - how time flies and I realize I haven't been blogging or even getting many pictures!

Since our little Maxwell has started sleeping better at night - we all have been happier!  He sleeps better at night and even takes better naps!  We are enjoying the smiles.  Tonight he came up to me at a meeting and kissed me on the check - it was perfect and totally unexpected!  I love it!  He has taken to a couple favorite blankets and is most adorable in his feetie pjs.  He loves to put buckets on his head and he does look terribly macho with his naked baby & this pink princess cup - sorry you have older sisters!  :)


Marin is a delight - most days!  Some days she is what makes me exhausted.  She is going through a pajamas phase - she reminds me of my sister-in-law Amzie.  Marin insists on changing into comfortable pjs before nap and then we have to change clothes again when she makes.  Most of my laundry pile is her clothes.  She has a wonderful time at her preschool Thanksgiving feast - "she ate lots of different things but no turkey".  She loves to play with Maxwell - what a blessing!  She went roller skating with Hattie and I this month and she loved it!  She does have just enough hair to now pull it into pig tails but she doesn't like them all that much!  We reserve that special kind of torture for church!

Manhattan is getting ready to turn eight in a little over a week - she is very excited and so are we!  She is still an amazing reader - she has plowed through lots of books recently - we have even had issues of her sneaking to read in bed!  She is a great big sister and she tries to be patient!   This year she helped Dad get up the Christmas lights (yes we do it early before it gets cold and then we leave them off until after Thanksgiving).  This week for Girl Scouts we went down and lead the pledge at the Toledo City Council meeting.  After the pledge they were invited up to Mayor Bell's office and had a fabulous time there with him!  He was terrific!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving - I am thankful for so much but even on my worst days these three little monsters are on the top of my list!  I am also very thankful for my wonderful husband, my parents, his parents, our grandparents, our brothers and sisters, those that have chosen to be our Ohio family, washing machines, hot showers, comfy beds, church callings, my Savior, and the life that he gave me - I could go on but I got a little sidetracked by thoughts of a comfy bed!  It is calling me!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

For after Thanksgiving comes . . . .

2 comments:

CANDACE said...

LOVE Marin's pigtails & her sassy posing!

All three of your babies have grown so much in the time we've been gone, and it's only been a few months!

Happy Thanksgiving Ethingtons!

Grandma Laura said...

I am so thankful you are able to take the time and blog. It means so much to Dad and me. We miss you all and we are very thankful for all of you. Love, Mom xoxoxo