

My friend Lindsey is very talented in cake decorating and just general cute dessert making. She has been trying to teach me a few things so I can make Marin's birthday cake. I would be having her make the cake but she is out of town - I know, lousy timing! Anyways - so don't laugh - here is my first attempts of being more creative! The first is an idea I saw in Family Fun magazine and then second is a 6 inch cake that the girls and I fixed up! I love the flowers - they are really cute - the picture does not do them justice! We will be attempting Marin's cake for her birthday this weekend - so check back later.

Remember, don't laugh or snicker - I have never even pretended that I have any creativity or talent in this area but we are trying! P.S. Marin and Hattie love that I am trying - that is the best part as they cheer me on and "help". All the balls on the cake were rolled by Hattie and her BFF.
5 comments:
No laughter here...I think it's beautiful!!!
I think you did a wonderful job! Who said we had to know everything? I know I will have to learn how to sew and garden because my girls have such a strong interest (and those just weren't talents I have developed yet). Way to go!
Looks even better than the picture in the cake books!
Carol
I think it is beautiful! Love, Mom
it turned out beautiful!
lauren
Post a Comment