about 2000 miles6.5 hours on the plane
3 adorable kids
1 somewhat exhausted mom
2 crammed planes
20 minutes to RUN from one plane to the next
1 cat (I know - seriously!)
I just want to say first thing - our crazy kids were fabulous! Getting check in and through airplane screening in Detroit was no problem! We were through really fast.
The layover in Chicago was horrid because our first plane was twenty minutes late so we just about missed our second flight. We had to run (with three kids and their little pull luggage) down two long corridor - VERY stressful trying to get to the next plane! When we finally ran on board, people had to move around to make room for the kids and I. They were all super nice about it. I offered to just spread the kids out but no go. As I buckled everyone in and collapsed into my seat - I heard a cat meowing - seriously, what is up with that! Of course a couple hours into the flight Hattie started sneezing and luckily I had meds with me! AUGHHH! The flight attendants were great checking on her and making sure she had water etc. She seemed ok with it but I was watching her and getting a bit nervous. In the end she did just fine!
As we got off the plane so many people talked about how wonderful my kids were and how they did a great job! Good job kiddos - it was a good trip - at least the parts we had control of!
Here is a picture of the kids breaking free as we got ready to get off in Portland! Yeah Marin does look a little nuts but she was super excited to see Grandma & Grandpa! We made our traditional visit to Burgerville for dinner - kind of expensive for a burger joint but so good - we had not eaten real food since the pancakes for breakfast and we were all hungry!!
The 2 hour ride to the coast went pretty good - we had the usual crying for the last 45 minutes - Marin and Maxwell sort of lost it but yeah it was 8:30 pm their time and they were done with being strapped down!!
So we are here enjoying Grandma's chocolate chip cookies, the smell of the beach, and hugs all around!
2 comments:
I just did that when I went to Missouri. It was exhausting, but the kids were really good! I glad it went well, for you also!
OH MY BRAVE!! I thought two was hard! Happy travels!
Post a Comment