Thursday, October 08, 2009

Just some tidbits and pictures!

A Marin Moment: On Sunday my friend Lisa brought fresh and warm bread with strawberry jelly to our house! It was wonderful! Everyone had a slice or two and we were getting ready for Conference to start. I heard a clanking sound in the kitchen and I was suspicious (Marin was noehere to be seen!). I went in to find Marin perched on her stool (I need to throw those stools away!) with ALL of the LARGE knives from the knive block out and she was sawing back and forth on the bread trying to cut her own slice of bread! I KNOW - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CHILD! She makes me laugh in the same breathe as she makes me worry so much I can't sleep! It was pretty funny! So the knife block needs to be moved and the stool needs to be thrown away! She moves that stool all around the house to get into things and to do things herself!

Maxwell is growing and doing well. He is sleeping better at night but it seems he likes to be up until about midnight which is tiring. He only nurses about 2 and 5 and then sleeps until 7:30 or 8 which is helpful so I can get myself and the girls ready for the day! Here is Maxwell sleeping in the cradle my dad (Santa) made when I was a little girl! So funny! Grandma got him all set up in it and he fits perfectly! Yes - he looks crouchy but he was fine!

Grandma Annie is still here and I will be suffering mightily after she leaves - she is super grandma! She has kept up on the laundry and dishes all the time - what a huge help!

Manhattan is getting excited - we finally told her that we are going to Chicago this weekend. She has been saving to get an American Girl doll and she has saved half. We decided that it would be fun to go to the store to get her first doll and going to Chicago with three adults would be better than two! So this weekend we are celebrating Manhattan's 7th birthday really early (it is in December). Dad and I will pitch in the other half of her money for her birthday and she can get a new doll!!! It will be really fun and she is more than excited - I will post pictures on Monday!

3 comments:

Janetta said...

I completely understand the events with Marin. Shalyce is my independent girl who I have to keep a very watchful eye on too. After the boys came, this independence increased.

Have fun with getting the American Girl doll. The store is loads of fun! That's great that it's just a trip away to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Chicago and congratulations on your new addition!

marisa said...

Marin and Lyndie would get into so much trouble together!