Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Random!

Aren't They Cute!
So I wake up a few times a night to nurse Maxwell - I have these random thoughts for blogging as I sit up and nod off and on! I am sure you don't want to know everything but these are some of the funny things that have happen, I have heard, noticed and decided!

1. I am a new woman when Maxwell only wakes up once a night (went to bed at 10, woke up at 1:30, and then at 5:30) and heck, 5:30 is morning to me!

2. To go along with that - if we all go to bed at 10 pm I feel better no matter how many times he wakes (within reason of course).

3. Marin is a stinker and so cute! Yesterday she tried to lift Maxwell of the couch and dropped him on the floor. yes - I know you never leave a baby on the couch, never leave a child near a baby on a couch, and above all never turn your back for one second to a baby and a Marin!!

4. Marin loves everything we do - she is constantly saying things like "go back" and "don't go this way, go that way" and "I want to do it again". She is my out and about child whereas Hattie likes to stay home.

5. Manhattan is the best big sister - she will hold Maxwell as long as he is happy - once he is a tad fussy - "I think he needs you Mom!"

6. The girls have both been sleeping until 6:30 am - heavenly! One morning they both woke up and read books together in Marin's until I heard them giggling at 6:45 - I am not sure how long they were awake but it was very cute!

7. Our cousin has contracted swine flu, when I told Hattie she started crying - she was afraid Phoebe was going to die. Yikes - didn't think of that when I told her. I felt so bad, didn't think about that when I told her.

8. Manhattan has decided she wants _______ from Santa. She knows it is expensive so she wondered if she could save her money up and leave it for Santa in her stocking to pay for some of it. We told her that we are not sure Santa works that way - but we are sure that ______ is somewhat out of Santa's range! What to we do with this one!

9. Manhattan is loving 2nd grade but is totally upset when the other kids misbehave and they miss recess or games etc. I used to use that system when I was teaching and now I hate it when I see how sad she is. The other day she was teary when she lost her math game time because her partner threw the dice and had to sit out - then she lost out too. Come to find out she volunteered to be his partner because no one else would play with him - she was really upset because she had to sit alone while everyone else played!

10. I love being a party planner with my friend Lindsey (ward Halloween party last night) but I am exhausted once the party is getting started and then over so fast - I so appreciate people in our ward that help out and even help with my kids!

11. My husband is wonderful - getting up at night and changing diapers, working all day, and doing all the activities we have at night - he helps me manage it all!

12. Diaper creme is hard to wash off a toddler's hand - lucky that was all that the creme was on!

13. Some days it is better to relax and hold Maxwell during naptime than to try to frantically get things done - some days you just need a break!

P.S. Maxwell is fine from the couch incident - now I have to worry about Marin pulling him out of the swing or car seat - she is getting better at the buckles!