Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Maxwell - 1 week old!



Maxwell is 1 week old today! I took him for his check-up today and he has gained his birth weight back and .5 inches in growth. I take that for what it is considering no baby every lays still or straight when they weigh and measure them. He is a happy nurser and is sleeping pretty good so we are happy!

He sleeps ok at night - does much better when he is snuggled up to mom or dad than when he is alone in his crib so between us he sleeps and we all sleep better. Last night I only ended up nursing him at 10:30, 2:00, and then I woke him to nurse at 5 so I could be up with Marin at 6 and then he was up for the day at 8 am to nurse. I bet he will be my sleeper now that Marin has turned into our morning rooster!!

Here are a few pictures of him dressed in real clothes yesterday to go on some errands - I won't scrapbook this but you know the drill - first trip to Target etc!! He also had his first outing the Apple Orchard so he loved that (slept through the whole thing).

I am afraid he is not terribly photogenic right now - he either looks asleep or angry!! So funny!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ohhh, Melissa, I THINK HE'S ADORABLE. He is so tiny compared to Malachi now! Crazy! And ... he has hair! :) How fun. P.S. are you still in touch with Caleen? Was just thinking of her the other day.

Anonymous said...

I love that cute outfit!! I wonder where you got it (ha!ha!)

The Houston Family said...

I love sleeping, curled up babies. Doesn't get any cuter!

When Nadia had her first appointment she had shrunk. I told them to try again and then she grew.