
So we chose the name Maxwell Price Ethington!We ended up being induced yesterday morning about 8 am and it was pretty fast! They broke my water at 11 am and I asked for Nuban because the contractions were getting close and stronger - by the time I got the Nuban it was 1:40 and he was born at 2:18 pm, after about 3 pushes.
I was truly worried the doctor was not going to make it back in time and the nurses did not seem too worried. Morgan got on gloves just in case - thank heavens he was ready and willing to deliver him if he had to. I could tell Morgan was a little concerned at the end too but there was no stopping Maxwell from arriving! I don't think anyone expected him to be delivered so fast. So that was a huge blessing! Labor and delivery I can do!
He was a little mad at first about being born but once we nursed and snuggled he mellowed out and is a good baby. Today he has gotten his shots and all the other good stuff and has slept quite a bit so I am sure he will be up tonight - yeah!
We have decided that Maxwell doesn't look like much like the girls did (I will try to find some comparison shots - I always think that is funny to see). He has much darker hair and more of it so that is a big difference but cute just the same.
We are so grateful that Grandma Annie is here to be with the girls - they are loving it and it makes being away from them easier. Both girls love seeing Maxwell and although I am sure it will get harder when we get home it was probably the sweetest thing to see them checking out his hair and his toes!
I will post more as the days go one - thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support!
We have decided that Maxwell doesn't look like much like the girls did (I will try to find some comparison shots - I always think that is funny to see). He has much darker hair and more of it so that is a big difference but cute just the same.
We are so grateful that Grandma Annie is here to be with the girls - they are loving it and it makes being away from them easier. Both girls love seeing Maxwell and although I am sure it will get harder when we get home it was probably the sweetest thing to see them checking out his hair and his toes!
I will post more as the days go one - thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support!
7 comments:
What a cute little guy and one very happy looking family. We're elated for you. Congratulations, and welcome to little Maxwell!
omg...that picture of him sucking his thumb is too stinking cute! love the family pics as well! <3 <3 <3
He's so cute. Congratulations! Cute family.
omiheck, melissa! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you and your family. Love the name, too. Awwww. SO PRECIOUS!
I am glad the doctor made it for you. The resident delivered my last two boys. The doctor didn't make it. For Dane he was even waiting in the hospital and he got paged when I was at a 7. But 10 minutes later Dane was born.
Congrats, again! He is darling and does look alot like the girls, but definitely has his own look. I think he looks so much like Morgan.
I will try calling you again today. And how in HECK do you have scrapbook pages done already? Are you kidding me?
I can't believe you have scrapbook pages done already! I am so far behind and you already have ones of your baby who was just born! He is so cute! Does it feel different to have a boy?
Post a Comment