Friday, August 07, 2009

Summer Employment

This picture is from a few weeks ago - I never got this picture scrapbooked and posted for Hattie - I love this picture! Over the summer the girls have also done a book sale to earn extra money. Manhattan is saving for an American Girl doll - which is a big purchase for her!! Every penny, dime, and quarter she can save is going to it. She has been asking to do extra chores around the house (At $1 a week per chore it is a good deal and she does them happily), offering to forgo any birthday party that she may have had (in December), and even asking if it is ok to ask for birthday money this year (I am not good with this one but she is trying). Morgan and I are so amazed about how focused and excited she is with these American Girl Historical dolls and books. This all got even more exciting when Lauren's mom brought out Lauren's dolls last week - they were so thrilled and enraptured by them!! Manhattan will read through a book a day some days - it is amazing! No, she is not sure which one she wants yet - if you ask her she will walk you through the newest catalog and talk about why she likes each one!! So funny!

No comments: