Friday, August 07, 2009

Feeling Successful

You know some days you feel like you get nothing done and other days - yeah - you have accomplished a lot! Today I am happy to say I feel like I have accomplished a lot! I should have - I woke up at 3:30 and never went back to sleep. I laid in bed until Morgan got up at 4:15 and then I figured I should just get going. I figured I would crash this afternoon and have to take a nap or be dead at bedtime tonight.

So I scrapbooked one page, organized YW and Stake Nativity Festival stuff, sent emails about all of it, finished a load of laundry, did dishes, got ready for the day, took pregnancy photos and posted one more page, got everyone ready - feed etc, went to the grocery store, visited the fabric store and was home again by 10:00 am for Sesame Street! Yeah! So I started to work on a few sewing project and promptly ran out of white thread!! Augh - back to the fabric store we went! Back home again in only 15 minutes.

So the I finished pillow my mom had quilted - I just had to buy the pillow and sew it shut - done! Took longer than I thought it would but done! Finally made some (7) burp cloths for our baby boy from some of the quilt fabric and the farm fabric I loved!

Lunch was done, Marin was sleeping and I finished those burp cloths up and started Manhattan's Halloween costume (don't ask why). She wants to be Felicity from the American Girl Historic Dolls. I was able to get the very simple skirt done - next I have to work on the top. I have a pattern (she wants the one on the top left but different) but she wants lots of changes (skirt/shirt instead of dress, different hat, apron etc.) - I am hoping I can make it the way she wants it! It will be cute either way and she will like it - she is very excited about it! So here is Halloween Costume: Phase 1!! I will cut out the top tomorrow and maybe get it made next week. Then it is back to the fabric shop for more lace, white apron and hat material and last I will do the ribbon accents. Oh - and I need to look for a small lantern? We will see about that part!!

For all of you with kids - when you sew a small project your house looks like a bomb hit it afterwards so I spent the next hour cleaning the house, vacuuming the threads and fish crackers I let the girls have in desperation for twenty minutes to finish the skirt, took out the trash. Now they are in dress up mode and I am trying to make the phone calls for VT appts and YW stuff!

Morgan will be home in 30 minutes so I need to run and think about dinner!! I had to share - ok brag - that I made it through the day and I am feeling pretty good! Yeah!!! Thank heavens for small blessings of occasional energy bursts and content playful kids!

3 comments:

Janetta said...

Haysannah is trying to earn an Americal Girl doll too. I think she will enjoy it if she has to work for it. Great minds think alike. I love the idea of a Felicity costume. Good luck with that!

The Houston Family said...

You make me tired! And I am not even pregnant!

Jen said...

Since having kids, I don't know that I've ever accomplished that much in a single day - pregnant or not. Super woman!