As I was talking to my parents last night I realized we have had a stream of broken things in our home in the last week or so - no huge complaints I am grateful that Morgan is handy and able to fix most of them so here's the list!
1. The lawnmower (Morgan ordered the parts and fixed it)
2. The muffler FELL off Morgan's car (almost cheaper to have someone else fix - all done!) - I could hear him coming home everyday!
3. The gas smell from the oven (tried to ignore)
4. A different part of the muffle rusted through (will be checking into this morning) - it is so loud it cracks me up!
5. A STRONG smell from the oven (will be taking care of today - Morgan looked into it last night, probably just the igniter switch. I would LOVE to get a new oven but not a good time!)
6. Worst of all - Marin's sleeping habits!! The last two nights she has had nightmares or something and woke screaming a couple times. The first night we brought her up with us but you can imagine that didn't work so well - a wiggly toddler, Morgan, and me (I count for an adult plus for sure) all on a double bed. We tried to transfer her to a mat on the floor but it was shortlived. Last night Morgan slept on the couch downstairs so if she woke up he could comfort her - what a nice guy! In the end she was up twice and then really up at 5 am! Augh! What are we going to do with this girl!
So here it is Monday morning - the girls are up - I am showered and ready to go - I sent Morgan back to bed for as long as he will sleep - WHAT WILL BREAK THIS WEEK!!
I just want you to know that truly I am not complaining - we are so grateful that it hasn't been anything major!! We are all in good health - tired but hey! It was just so funny to me when I started thinking about it!! I am SO grateful that Morgan has skills (I don't have as many) but more so I am grateful for his patience with all this!!
Update on this post:
Muffler fixed $45.36
Oven fixed $64.04 for part and Morgan fixed it!
Marin still seems to be struggling - she is fighting her nap even though she was up at 5 AM and it is now 1 pm! Augh! I could live with everything else but the sleeping is killing us all!
1 comment:
i'm sure she's just trying to get you ready, melissa, that's all... i feel your pain!
Post a Comment