

Thursday, July 9, 2009
Manhattan and I have gotten really good at spelling swimming in front of Marin - if she sees her swimsuit or hears the word she gets VERY Excited. It is difficult if we are not planning on going right then so now we spell the word instead!!
Of course our cousins don't know that so as soon as we said we were going swimming - lots of screaming of "I swimmy, I swimmy". With going swimming our suits hang out so whenever she sees them she brings it to me and says "I swimmy". She is relentless! If she can find her swimming diapers - even more joy and yelling!!
Grandpa Larry's brother has a pool so went over there this afternoon - it was a beautiful afternoon and so relaxing to laze around in the water! Hattie loved her new goggles but it took awhile for her to get used to them!
Aunt Kim bought Marin a lifevest for an early birthday present - I have always been hesitant to buy the life vest for swimming because I worry that it gives the non-swimmer a sense of confidence that they can swim when they can't. I have to admit watching her paddle around me without pulling on me - her pure joy in her independence was so funny! She had a little trouble righting herself when she got off balance but got much better at that. The picture of her looking down was one of the first times she got out of the water and discovered the steam of water that comes with you - that was pretty funny - she thought so at least!
Last night after a busy day we went swimming at Uncle Nephi's parents house and they have quite the set up with a tower and waterslide. Marin went up but would not come down. She used her life vest again today. This time as soon as she had her vest off she climbed back into the pool (luckily she was holding onto the side)! There were two sets of mom eyes that went nuts as we ran over to pull her out! She was sad when I swatted her behind but it scared me that she went right back in without me!! Augh - just goes to show that you have to always watch your kids!!
Manhattan and I have gotten really good at spelling swimming in front of Marin - if she sees her swimsuit or hears the word she gets VERY Excited. It is difficult if we are not planning on going right then so now we spell the word instead!!Of course our cousins don't know that so as soon as we said we were going swimming - lots of screaming of "I swimmy, I swimmy". With going swimming our suits hang out so whenever she sees them she brings it to me and says "I swimmy". She is relentless! If she can find her swimming diapers - even more joy and yelling!!
Grandpa Larry's brother has a pool so went over there this afternoon - it was a beautiful afternoon and so relaxing to laze around in the water! Hattie loved her new goggles but it took awhile for her to get used to them!
Aunt Kim bought Marin a lifevest for an early birthday present - I have always been hesitant to buy the life vest for swimming because I worry that it gives the non-swimmer a sense of confidence that they can swim when they can't. I have to admit watching her paddle around me without pulling on me - her pure joy in her independence was so funny! She had a little trouble righting herself when she got off balance but got much better at that. The picture of her looking down was one of the first times she got out of the water and discovered the steam of water that comes with you - that was pretty funny - she thought so at least!
Last night after a busy day we went swimming at Uncle Nephi's parents house and they have quite the set up with a tower and waterslide. Marin went up but would not come down. She used her life vest again today. This time as soon as she had her vest off she climbed back into the pool (luckily she was holding onto the side)! There were two sets of mom eyes that went nuts as we ran over to pull her out! She was sad when I swatted her behind but it scared me that she went right back in without me!! Augh - just goes to show that you have to always watch your kids!!
1 comment:
Looks ike your having fun! - Thanks for the life vest Kim.
Post a Comment