
This afternoon when I picked up Manhattan, another parent told that this morning 7 kids came to school without hats, gloves, and/or scarfs! One of the children was a kindergarteners - donations were made this morning and warm items were purchased for this little one! First I want to say that I am glad to know the parents and staff at our school are watching out for our children (I love our school!!!)
I am sure you are all aware that the weather is biting cold! Some of these families are unable to purchase these items as their children grow.
Can you help me gather some warm items?
My hope is that we can gather enough items to fill a tote! I think we could get together enough items that when a child comes to school without - we can give them something to wear. I will also post this on my family blog and see if I can get some donations there too!
Let me know if you have any great resources or places to buy winter wear for our children!! If you could donate new or gently used items or money that could be used to buy these items please drop them off at my house at 1567 Crestwood Road or give me a call and I will come get them!
2 comments:
What a lovely idea! I do know that Carters in Monroe (exit 11 on 75N)is having a GREAT sale going on now. Lots of discounts. Good luck!
Melissa - They just had a big pep rally at my school yesterday for this. They had the teamsters union come in and give a hat, glove, and scarf to every single child in the school. It was a really special event! I will bring over some items for you to put in this tote on Saturday. I will also find out from Walbridge Elementary if they have extra items from the event yesterday that they would donate to your school. I will look into that today!
Post a Comment