Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Sick Day!

Last night Hattie was coughing so hard she "lost" everything she had eaten that day. After I bathed her and moved her up in my room in a sleeping bag she was out in less than five minutes. This morning the girls were up at 5:00 am and Hattie was dragging. I could not get her back to bed. So I decided to keep her home just in case. As the day went on she was feeling better - she even felt up to reading her new book, Swan Lake and doing a book report on it (a surprise to me). Marin took both of her naps today for the first time in over a week. She was quite the funny today - here are some pictures of her doing many things she shouldn't be doing!!

FunTime #1
Marin was playing downstairs and I though I would catch her lining up the food from our food storage shelves - one of her favorite things to do - she is constantly rearranging the lower food shelves. When I got downstairs - she was joyfully rubbing her hands on the carpet - I knew something was not right here! While she was moving the food around she must have dropped a can of 7-Up and she must have tasted it - she was very excited to rub her hands in and then lick it! It was so funny! The 7-Up had a leak and she enjoyed it every much!!
FunTime #2
Manhattan was busy writing a book when Marin woke from her nap and she wanted to join in so I got her a chair some paper and crayons. yes, I sat next to her and made sure she drew on the paper. After awhile I could not find a crayon I was looking for - low and behold almost all of them were slowly ending up on floor. Everytime I said "don't put that in your mouth" that crayon, pencil, or glue stick ended up on the floor. I was so busy working with Hattie and making sure Marin didn't eat the items that I didn't notice what happened later! Just a note: She liked the taste of the crayons and the texture of the erasers!! Augh!
FunTime #3
I know you would think I would have been on to this one! I thought I would give the girls a little snack - Daddy's favorite - Ritz crackers. Hattie loves them - Marin evidently doesn't eat them but she does crumble them all over the floor! Oh well! She is a crack up!

Things I did not film - trying to put her hands in the toilet, climbing onto the table, pulling the paper cutter off the table and playing with it, trying to pull a bowl of cereal off the table (I caught this one), locking herself in her room - she keeps shutting the door and getting stuck in their, PULLING the Christmas lights out of the tree and pulling them out of the plug, and taking off and rehanging lots of Christmas ornaments, washing the frig with a wipe - this is so cute when she takes the wipes and washes things).

Fun times - Bedtime can never come soon enough! How do you mothers with more than 2 do it! I have started putting unnecessary chairs in the basement and hiding everything else!

3 comments:

CANDACE said...

you must be exhausted! i just love that impish little marin! hope hattie is feeling better soon.

The Houston Family said...

It is so nice to know that there are other moms out there that are run ragged by their children. I love the 7-up story!

Jennifer said...

Are you sure Marin isn't a boy??