So we decided we wanted to go camping a couple more times before the end of summer - one thing we learned - DON'T camp close to a town named HELL unless you want a little extra fun! Actually we can't complain about the evening. It was a wonderful site - they had a game tent (with board games, horse shoes, bean bag toss etc.) and a playground which was a lot of fun. Morgan was able to get Marin to sleep around 8 pm so Hattie, Morgan, and I played some cards and had Smores. We rolled into bed around 9:30 ppm and soon enough Marin was awake for an evening of fussing and crying. She must do this at home in her bed but we don't hear her. It was a LONG night!!The morning (which could not come soon enough) was COLD (50 degrees)! Marin woke up fussy from 6:00 am (the time in which we gave up trying to keep her quiet and called it morning). After Morgan took her out for a walk and a bathroom break I noticed Hattie had fallen off her mattress. I tried to roll her toward me and realized she had taken off her sweat bottoms (she said she was hot last night) and was just laying underneath her sleeping bag and was visibly SHIVERING! I woke her and got her into Morgan's bag snuggled close to me. We finally gave up trying to sleep.
We had breakfast - Marin was still fussy and falling everywhere. By 8 am we were packing up and we were home by 10:00! It was a fun evening but the night and morning were like to the town next door - HELL! Maybe we will try again in a few weeks. I know it wasn't that bad - just not the relaxing camping trip I look forward to!!
2 comments:
Melissa, I so feel your pain. Refer to the post on camping I just put on my blog! I always have to remind myself: it's fun for the kids, it's fun for the kids...It's kind of like labor--when you're in it, you swear you'll never do it again, and before you know it, you're planning another one. Know what I mean?
Impressive that you've gone so much this year, though--you guys are Superparents! Cute photos! Are those digital pages?
Reminds me of our last camping trip to Yellowstone. It wa so miserable I swore of tents until Nadia is 5, and she wasn't even born when we were in Yellowstone. (32.1 degrees and raining all night!)
Post a Comment